Instructions on How to Use Cloth Masks
1. Start with a mask that fits properly and is breathable.
2. Your mask should cover your nose, mouth, and chin. It should be a snug fit.
3. Wash your hands for 20 seconds.
4. Use a clean cloth mask every time.
5. Pick up your clean cloth mask.
6. Place your clean mask over your nose, mouth, and chin.
7. Make sure the straps (ear loops or across the head) are a snug fit.
8. Pinch the nose guard at the bridge of your nose.
9. Pull the mask down over your chin.
Remember, if you are in contact with the Covid-19 virus while wearing your mask, the virus may be on the outside of the mask. Once your mask is on, DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO TAKE IT OFF.
How to Take Off Your Cloth Mask
1. A USED MASK MAY BE CONTAMINATED WITH THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
2. Designate an area in your laundry room for DIRTY MASKS.
3. DO NOT GRAB YOUR MASK BY THE FRONT (nose, mouth, chin) TO REMOVE.
4. Grab your mask by the ear loops or head straps.
5. IMMEDIATELY, place your mask in a plastic bag until ready to wash it.
6. If you are not able to wash your hands after taking your mask off, clean your hand with hand sanitizer for at least 20 seconds.
7. Place the plastic bag in the designated area of your laundry room.
8. IMMEDIATELY, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
9. When you are ready to wash your mask, prepare the wash area before retrieving the plastic bag containing your dirty mask.
10. Remove the dirty mask from the plastic bag.
11. Place the dirty mask in the wash area.
12. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
13. Wash the cloth mask for at least 20 seconds.
14. Lay the mask flat to dry or place in the dryer.